Saturday, November 17, 2012

Old Toys Now New



LEFT: What my old Furby looked like
RIGHT: What the new one looks like

Toys I used to have so long ago are coming back and with more technology. The prime example is Furby. It reminds me of the good times I had with Furby and it still brings back good memories. Though one sister in particular called it "stupid" one day and it never stopped repeating that word. With the high tech new Furby I am half tempted to get a new one. Make it my new "pet" so to speak. That way when I leave for long trips it won't die on me and no one has to babysit it, but I can still interact with something when I get lonely. A real pet would be ideal, but sadly it wouldn't have the full attention it deserves so that will have to wait til after school.
However I did like my jar of snails. Those giant snails were so cool and they didn't care if anyone paid attention to them as long as they had water and some algae to eat. Never the less I still took care of them scrubbing their shells down when they started to grow algae themselves. Yes they were alive because they also were producing babies. Yeah I don't fully understand how...(well I guess I do), but it was still surprising to me. Man...I miss those guys...
Back to the topic...Furby...weird little thing yet so tempting. Id have one already if the price weren't so darn high. I believe its twice the price of the original one back forever ago. Watched a video on the features the new one has. It does a lot more things than the last one, but in my imagination my old one did just as many. Oh Furby...such great memories.. :D

3 comments:

katie said...

I cannot believe how expensive they are! It's crazy! But I do believe that the old ones did just as much as the new ones excluding the app feature and "stupid" animated eyes. I personally like the old ones better but it's crazy that Furby is back. Who would of thunk it?

Murray Clan said...

I agree, I like the old ones better they look cuter, but I about had a heart attack with the price of the new ones. Good times Furby I still remember how you purred, and said yum yum yum...lol.

Videl Da Bomb said...

After watching videos I did realize the new Furbys don't Purr. That alone makes me sad. Now I just want my old one again. lol