Monday, December 17, 2012

Finals Breakdown

Class #1: Turn in a Flash Animation by Dec 19th - Check and Check
Class #2: Turn in a Infograph on a non profit organization Dec 13th - Check and Check
Class #3: Turn in a 800-1000 word essay by Dec 20th....no 13th - WAIT WHAT?!?!

Finishing my Class #2 up early I mentioned I was taking the weekend to write my Class #3 paper that I thought was due the following Thursday on the 20th. My classmate gave me a panicked look saying "You haven't written that yet?!" I gave a look back saying "I have a week still." Well...wide eyed he said it was due at 4:00 that very same day. I thought he was just messing with me and pulled out my syllabus to check. Sure enough he was right. I glanced at the clock to see the time...3:40. I about died right there on the spot. I ran back to the computer lab as fast as I could and started to write the fastest paper I could. It was also the worst paper I have ever written. I ran as fast I could to the building to turn it in. It was past 4:00 when I arrived because I was already out of breathe half way there. However I turned it the horrid paper none the less. Walking out of that building I knew I was gonna have a mental breakdown so I called my lovely sister. I was still too out of breathe to breakdown just yet. I was just preparing for the worst lol. However in my moment of despair my sister recommended I at least email my teacher to see if I could turn in a better essay. So that is exactly what I did. She luckily did give me some time to write a "complete" essay...I don't know if I would say it's the best I ever wrote, but definitely better than the 10 minute essay. I do have a penalty of a grade drop on my paper for it being late, but after the heart attack I endured that same day it was better than no points at all! With that paper being turned in Finals Week has officially ended for me...even though Finals is THIS week. Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't Finals be ON or at least DUE Finals Week? Well none the less now ALL of my finals are in and I am stress free or at least until grades come out!

1 comment:

Murray Clan said...

Hahaha, you will never forget these memories and I bet next year you will know for sure EXACTLY when each final is due and you'll check it a million times. See school is all about learning something.