Sunday, December 30, 2012

Art Projects

Ok so I didn't succeed at the Christmas Cards...I know I know...Maybe one day I will do them. At least I got family cards out! I might start now during break and get cards done for V-Day. Don't get your hopes up! lol Recently I have been getting one phrase stuck inside my head for the longest time and I have no idea why.
"How blessed the day when the lamb and the lion shall lie down together without any ire"
So with that I am working on a sculpture out of clay. I've discovered a few things...1: I am not very good at realistic things and 2: I am scared to go BIG! So its fairly small, but still bigger than what I usually do. Since I am not the best at "realistic" I sure hope it doesn't end up looking like I am making a mockery of the statement by my lack of skill.

Here is the Progress:

I've been spending a lot of time on the mane so don't be too harsh looking at the other side. I know he has no tail...I just didn't want it to break off while still working on the rest of him. So that will come last.


No lamb yet just working on the lion for now. I will try to continue the update as things get done! Let us hope I don't fail at this project! lol

We will see if I end up keeping it or if someone gets it. I'm not very keen on keeping these things, but always end up keeping it because I have no idea who to give it to or too embarrassed to actually give it to them. With Christmas now passed it's harder to come up with an excuse to give it away too.

On a none failing note...I passed my one class I completely spaced the final essay! Hooray!

1 comment:

Murray Clan said...

Well, I have always loved that saying and you are doing a fantastic job on the lion he looks GREAT! To give things away all you have to do is put a note with it that says. "Thanks for all you do your a fantastic_________."(mom, dad, friend, aunt, niece) fill in the blank and they will be super happy!