Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Fine Line I Can't Find

It's been a crazy last few days. Not many Ups and a whole lot of Downs. People say to get out more get to know people. Well I have been trying. However recently that only ended up badly for me. Rejection hurts even if you don't know people that much. Especially if you are putting effort into trying to get to know them. Then on the other side of the line you have me not talking at all. I am not the most talkative person and at School that is the case. I have had my teacher giving back grades yesterday tell me I am a quiet person. That is fine...I hear it all the time. However I was not prepared for the way it was stated today. While in class we were reviewing each others progress on our projects in small groups. The guy next to me started to hum and this girl turned around. She said "Oh! I thought that was Amy humming and I was going to be in shock. That is completely out of character for her since she is a mute." I heard that only to shrink further into my shell. I wasn't kidding anyone...all eyes were on me and my reaction. Like the "mute" I was accused of being I didn't say anything at all and hoped someone would change the topic. I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. When I   talk to people I get hurt and when I don't talk I get hurt. I can't win no matter what I do. It's hard to come out of your shell when people rather you just go back inside or shove you further inside.

3 comments:

katie said...

It's ok. I was probably seen as a "mute" too. But who cares. They are just dumb. I remember one class where part of my grade was participation in the discussions and about dropped the class because I did NOT want to talk in front of a whole class. I got out of my comfort zone and passed the class with flying colors. Plus, I'm the girl that turned blue the first time I had to give a talk in church! But after making an effort to just talk and forget what others think because really who cares what they think anyway I'm doing much better. You better believe I'm still shy and making new friends isn't easy for me but I turned out pretty good I think......well who cares what others think. I'm happy! I have found people that love me for ME! Mute and all! You will too!

Murray Clan said...

I agree with Katie, but I however was TO TALKATIVE. I would get in trouble for talking in class, for making "friends" to fast (when I didn't even know them). For being to blunt and not saying it the "right" way. But that's right WHO CARES! Say what they want I'm me, and I found some one who will tolerate it...lol, oh ya and he loves me, hahaha forget them, just be you. Love Ya!!!

CoralieandCasey said...

I just have to third what they've said. You just have to not care what others think of you. I think that's the hard part, but when you can get past that, you will be so much better off. What they think and say is a reflection of THEM and not you, and that's what you need to remember. Keep trying. It'll pay off!